Covid-19 & FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS. Our Protocols
Following recently updated guidance from the Government, NHS England and the Chartered Society
of Physiotherapy (our governing body) we are pleased to announce that we are able to
offer face-to-face consultations, where clinically appropriate and necessary.
We shall also continue to offer remote consultations for patients who have been self-isolating.
Any patients requesting a face-to-face consultation will need to be screened by one of our clinicians to assess the clinical need and for any additional risk factors.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is always paramount. Since the first day of lockdown, Vicky has been busy preparing for the re-opening of our clinics to ensure patients and staff can return for treatment with confidence.
We have been preparing thorough risk assessments for every aspect of our clinic environment and the patient journey to ensure we provide the cleanest, most hygienic and safest environment possible.
We have been in contact with industry experts to ensure that our infection prevention and control measures along with PPE (personal protective equipment) not only complies with current guidelines and protocols but also minimises any risks of transmission of COVID-19 during treatment sessions.
We will continue to follow the guidelines set out by the government and NHS England and respond to any changes to ensure we comply with all the necessary social distancing and personal protective equipment (PPE) protocols.
- All patients requesting a fact to face appointment will be pre-screened by a physiotherapist over the telephone. This will include (but is not limited to) questions regarding your medical history to allow the physiotherapist to determine your risk, clinical reasoning to ensure that a face to face consultation is required, and specific questions regarding Covid-19.
- When you attend for your appointment, we request that you wait in your car wherever possible. At the time of the appointment, the patient should come to the back door (but not enter). The physiotherapist will meet you, take your temperature using a contactless thermometer and ask you to wash your hands in the washbasin in the disabled washroom.
- We request that you must wear a facemask, if you do not have one, you may purchase a mask from us for £2. This must be worn for the duration of the appointment.
- Hand sanitiser is available in each treatment room and communal areas. We invite everyone to use this during your time in the practice as frequently as you wish.
- The physiotherapist will be wearing a facemask, eye protection, gloves and apron. The treatment room will be cleaned thoroughly between every patient; a 10-minute gap will be left to ensure that this is done properly.
- We retain the right to refuse to treat any patient who has an elevated temperature or symptoms of Covid-19.
We are staging a gradual return to work for the remainder of our physiotherapists over the coming few months.